Dalhousie Farm/Raymond Farm
June 2006 article about the preservation of Dalhousie Farm
Location: Cherry Valley Road
Features: Open fields, mature beech forest, scenic ridges, stream
Easements: Agricultural and conservation easements will placed on the property. A trail easement will connect already preserved properties to the east and west of the property.
History: Owned by the Raymond family since 1953 and used as a sheep farm. The Raymonds donated a conservation easement on most of the acreage to the NJ Conservation Foundation in 1989, but five housing opportunities remained. Now, the land is preserved for farming and a trail will be constructed to connect the parcel to other preserved properties.
Preservation Date: 2006
Acquisition Price: $1.2 million
MFOS/NJDEP Green Acres -
NJ Agricultural Development Committee - $700,000
Montgomery Township matching funds - $530,000
Landowner donation - remaining matching funds
Delaware & Raritan Greenway
Drinker, Biddle and Reath (pro bono legal services)
Return to preservation page